Chickpea Salad For Sandwiches or Wraps
A sandwich is such an easy lunch when you live in an RV. It comes together quickly. It’s filling. The ingredients can be easy to keep around. This Chickpea Salad sandwich filling meets all of those requirements. Plus, it’s versatile. Put it on bread, in a wrap, or on top of greens – you choose!
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds chopped fine by hand or in a food processor
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kelp powder
- 1 celery stalk finely diced
- 1 carrots finely grated
- 2 tablespoons onion minced
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonaise
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard powder or a teaspoon of dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place drained chickpeas in a bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher until no whole chickpeas remain.
- Add all remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
About the Author
vegan. digital nomad. cycling. scuba. intj. former vegan bakery owner.