Vegan Parmesan Cheese Recipe
Does your pasta need a little zing? Our easy vegan parmesan cheese recipe might be just what you're looking for!
This DIY vegan cheese is made up of pantry items so it's easy to keep the ingredients on hand to make more. And you will be making more. All the time if you're like us!
Making your own vegan parmesan cheese is also more cost effective than buying it. So if you're trying to save money, DIY is the way to go.
And unlike some vegan cheese recipes, this one doesn't require any weird fermentation. It's really easy and requires no cooking.
Can I just buy pre-made vegan parmesan?
If you don't have a food processor or just don't have time to mess with it, don't despair! You can still have vegan parmesan.
Here are a few vegan parmesan products you can buy online or in stores. A couple of these are affiliate links.
- Parma Vegan Parmesan - similar to the green can parmesan
- Rawmesan - also similar to the green can parmesan
- Follow Your Heart Parmesan - these are short shreds and have a little bite to them
- Violife Just Like Parmesan Wedge - this one is a hard wedge you grate yourself, kind of like a parmigiano reggiano
How do you use vegan parmesan cheese?
Don't limit yourself to pasta. This vegan parmesan cheese is also great on chili, Mexican food, tofu scramble, baked potatoes, pizza, salads - get creative!
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until processed into fine crumbs.
- It will last at least a month in an airtight container in your fridge.
Do you prefer to make your own vegan parmesan or buy it? If you buy vegan parmesan, which one is your favorite?
About the Author
vegan. digital nomad. cycling. scuba. intj. former vegan bakery owner.